Having a printer is essential for both personal and professional needs. Canon printers are known for their reliability and performance. However, users may encounter an issue where their Canon printer appears offline on a Mac. This can be frustrating and hinder your printing tasks. In this guide, we will provide you with a step-by-step troubleshooting process to help you resolve the Canon printer is offline issue on your Mac.
Troubleshooting Steps Canon printer is offline issue
Your Canon printer shows offline status? Don’t worry. You’ll easily fix this problem with the helpful solutions in this guide Canon printer is offline issue.
Quick check: Before following the solutions below, please check if your printer’s power cable is plugged into an electrical outlet and restart your router as it may cause due to network failure.
- Restart Printer Spooler service
- Disable Use Printer Offline feature
- Reinstall your Canon printer driver
1) Enter service in the search box from Start menu. Then Click Services (Desktop app) from the result.
2) Right-click on Print Spooler. Then click Restart. Note: If Restart option grayed out, click Start instead.
3) Right-click on Print Spooler again and this time choose Properties. Then set its Startup type to be Automatic. Click OK to save your settings.
4) Restart your PC and try to print your file to see if your printer works.
1) Enter control panel in the search box from Start. Then click Control Panel (Desktop app) from the result.
2) Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
3) Find and right-click on your Canon printer under Printers catalog. Then choose See what’s printing.
4) Click Printer to see if Use Printer Offline is unchecked. If it’s checked on with √ mark, click it to uncheck.
5) Click Printer again and this time click Cancel All Documents.
6) Print your file to see if your Canon printer works.
One of the main causes of the Canon printer offline error is that you’re using a faulty or outdated printer driver. To fix the problem, you need to reinstall your printer driver.
1) On your keyboard, press Windows key + R key together to open a Run box. Then type devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK.
2) Find your Canon printer driver under Print queues. Then right-click on it to choose Uninstall device.
3) Go to the Canon Support page to download the latest driver for your printer model, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the file.
Encountering the Canon printer is offline issue on your Mac can be frustrating, but with the troubleshooting steps provided in this guide, you can bring your printer back online and resume your printing tasks. Remember to check the printer connection, update the printer driver, restart the print spooler, reset the printing system, and reinstall the printer software if necessary. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from printer offline fix support. Now you can enjoy seamless printing with your Canon printer on your Mac.